Hi I’m Lily, a happily married mom of two that had to learn that there is hope after failure, divorce, health challenges and even losing your way spiritually.
This blog is about learning to stay rooted in your faith, having a fantastic marriage, not only surviving but enjoying parenthood, getting and staying in shape with limited time, and becoming food smart.
You’ll also occasionally come across the naughtiest of recipes oozing with chocolate and caramel and you might even discover secrets to finding time and money you didn’t know you had.
I’ve learned that it’s not my mistakes that define me, but my adventures. It’s the challenges I’m willing to accept, the battles I choose, the lessons I learn (from wins and losses), the love that I give and my capacity to forgive that makes me who I am.
I’ve also learned that you can be a fulfilled woman, a glowing wife and a proud mom without being perfect or Superwoman.
So thank you for joining me on this journey. I would love to hear from you. Email me, Tweet me, or find me on Instagram or Facebook. Whatever works for you, but reach out, I’m looking forward to connecting with you.
Here are some random things about me to help you decide on a conversation topic:
- I’m a practical girl. Practical trumps beautiful when beautiful isn’t practical.
- I enjoy creating/making/building things – gardens, cakes, dresses, houses and water color paintings.
- My husband thinks I’m a bit of a daredevil – he’s full of nonsense. 😛
- I believe that everybody is good at something.
- I have a power tool fetish.
- I love to buy my mom flowers. Sometimes they go in a vase and sometimes they go in her garden.
Have a wonderful day!